QuickBooks database manager
In QuickBooks, you get the feature of ‘Multi-User Access’. You can use this feature only when you have installed the QuickBooks database server manager in your system. Basically, the QuickBooks server manager permits you to manage the QuickBooks server for multi-user access. Additionally, the QuickBooks database manager makes a data file (.ND) for any required company file on the local host system.
Let’s take a look at the steps of installing and updating the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How to install the QuickBooks Server Manager?
The following are the steps to install the QuickBooks database server manager:
- First of all, double-tap on the QuickBooks installer.
- Choose the installation of the Wizard.
- If the PC is connected to the Internet, click on next and download the update. And if, the PC is not connected to the Internet, then select No and choose Next.
- You need to shut down other programs and choose Next.
- Choose “I accept the terms in the license agreement and click on Next.
- Click on Custom or Network Options.
- Now, you are required to choose the installation type:
a) Select I’ll be using QuickBooks on this PC, and I will be storing only when if you access the QB program on the PC.
b) You need to accept “I’ll not be using QB on this PC only when you will not only store QB data on this PC.
- Choose Yes and permit access.
- Type your License and Product number.
- Once the installation gets completed, set up the QuickBooks database manager.
How to Update the QuickBooks Server Manager?
Here are the steps in order to update the QuickBooks database server manager:
- To update the QuickBooks server manager, you first need to download the QuickBooks patch.
- Once the installation of the patch gets completed, restart the server.
- After updating the server, you will get a message on the screen “The Company file requires to be updated to work with this version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- You just require to follow the on-screen instructions to update the QuickBooks server manager.
- Now, you can open the company file.
Expectantly, the above blog helped you in knowing all about the QuickBooks Server Manager. In case, you did not find the article fruitful and want to get more information about the same, then you are recommended to get in touch with our certified experts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-888-986-7735. We will guide you by providing instant assistance to resolve every issue related to QuickBooks.